Proteinase K is a non-specific serine protease having a very high specific activity. It is used to purify target material from contaminating proteins, for the isolation of mRNA or high molecular weight DNA and to inactivate other enzymatic activities. Proteinase K is active with or without the presence of SDS, EDTA and urea. Mbiotech’s proteinase K is isolated from Tritirachium album and it is very stable in the storage buffer at +4 ℃ and at -20℃
● Isolation of high molecular weight DNA
● Isolation of plasmid and genomic DNA
● Isolation of RNA
● Inactivation of RNase and DNase activities
● Ready to use, provided in liquid form containing 50 % glycerol
● Smaller contamination risk with liquid form
● Can be stored at 4’C still having the enzyme in liquid form
● Excellent stability
The concentration of Proteinase K is 20 mg/ml and the specific activity is >30 units/mg. Proteinase K is supplied in liquid form diluted in storage buffer.
20 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4), 1 mM CaCl2, 50 % Glycerol
Stable for at least 1 year. Recommended storage temperature -20 ℃.
Proteinase K has two binding sites for Ca2+. Calcium acts as a stabilizing factor of the enzyme. When calcium is removed from the solution, the activity of proteinase K decreases slowly.
Reaction conditions: 10 minutes incubation at 37 ‘C, denaturated hemoglobin used as a substrate.